New Acadia Guide Book

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

New Acadia Guide Book

Postby Greg » Mon May 05, 2014 2:49 pm

A new guide book is about to be released in hard copy but an online version is currently available.

http://www.rakkup.com/climbing-guideboo ... gs-acadia/
Greg

Re: New Acadia Guide Book

Postby Grant Simmons » Wed May 14, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi All,

I was just sent an email with a link to this post and thought I'd fill everyone in on the details of the book. Currently a digital version for the Iphone is all that is available (Android version is in the works). Right now, the app covers all of Great Head, Otter Cliffs, and 90% of the South Wall (only missing some obscure routes). Updates to the app will come over the course of the next year, ultimately creating something that is comprehensive to the island's climbing. The book itself should be available next spring.

On a sidenote, I am looking for photos to include in the book. Seems that most of what I have are shots of my friends, and I'd love to mix it up a little. If anyone has rad photos from their time in Acadia, I'd love to check them out. I'm looking mainly for lead climbing shots, but TR shots of Otter or the South Bubble would work.

Feel free to contact me with anything related to the new guidebook/general climbing in Acadia.

Hope to see you all around the island,
Grant
brian.grant.simmons@gmail.com
Grant Simmons

Re: New Acadia Guide Book

Postby Stacey » Thu May 15, 2014 8:16 am

I've got some pretty awesome shots - will send them along to you :)
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Return to General