Canadian Alpine Journal

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Canadian Alpine Journal

Postby max » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:32 pm

Hey All!

How's the climbing going?? I'm doing pretty great! Had a great spring in the alpine and on rock... just got finished a great 30 day NOLS wilderness mountaineering course in the Chugach Range in Alaska. Pretty good students and fun terrain.

I sent an article into the Canadian Alpine Journal about ice climbing in NB and NS mainly focusing on my, Luc Gallant's, Marty Theriault climbing in Joggins NS and Moose River NS. So if any of you are getting a copy let me know what you think. They wanted to put Luc on the cover but unfortunately I wasn't able to get the photo to them in the format they wanted. Sean Issac was my main contact and was psyched to here from me, he is from St. John orginally, so in future as a community we could focus on a specific area or new routes and send something into the CAJ. We have great climbing and probably won't be a destination, which is totally fine with me, I do think sharing what we have with the greater Canadian climbing community will inspire more climbers to come and climb East of Quebec!

Would love to hear thoughts!

Safe Climbing!
Max
max

Re: Canadian Alpine Journal

Postby chossmonkey » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:11 am

Hey Max thanks for doing that! I tried to get Marty to write something on what you guys have been doing a couple years back, I'm happy you stepped up. The East is way under represented in the CAJ.

Don't underestimate what you guys could be doing. It may never be the trendy new place to visit but your routes could be significant to growing Canadian climbing and mixed climbing. I for one am super psyched to come check out what you have been up to!
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby theriault » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:29 am

chossmonkey wrote:Hey Max thanks for doing that! I tried to get Marty to write something on what you guys have been doing a couple years back, I'm happy you stepped up.

HAHA Also glad Max did so, I think he's a WAY better writer than me!!! For the climbing tho..... not so sure (JK) :mrgreen:
Marty
theriault

Postby chossmonkey » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:07 pm

It finally came today. Good job Max. Short and sweet. I'll admit I was hoping it would be a little longer but it still has me psyched to come check out what you guys have been up to!
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby max » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:26 am

Glad you enjoyed it Nathan! I wanted to put more into it but it is what it is now. I'm new to the CAJ and AAJ. In the past I haven't paid much attention and just did my thing and shared with the small climbing communities I have been a part of. I now however value sharing more and more with the greater climbing communities. I could have written other articles to i guess climbed in Patagonia this past year and had some successes. I think what I send in next year will be longer.
max

Postby chossmonkey » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm pretty happy you at least made time to put something together. I know its not easy! If you ever need help let me know, I'm no writer by any means but a good friend of mine has given me a lot of pointers.
chossmonkey

Return to General