'Stonebleau' bouldering in Quebec City

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

'Stonebleau' bouldering in Quebec City

Postby david » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:35 pm

I don't think this area is known by many Maritimers, I personally didn't know about until a few days ago. It is located in 'Le parc du Mont Wright' 20 minutes from downtown. It used to be a small mixed-style rope climbing area. I was last there maybe 10 years ago, and a lot of scrubbing happened since. They have over 200 problems (very concentrated) on good quality, well featured, easy-on-the-fingers granite. Some problems are trashy (lots of slabby V0s) but there is a lot of good quality V2-5s, a few high-balls and lots of potential for the bold and the strong. I wouldn't advise to plan a trip just for that, but if you have a day to kill in Qc City or you are on your way west, it is definitely worth checking out. Guidebook is available on DrTopo and with photos here: http://www.jpmartin.net/Stonebleau/index.htm

I hope this will make a stay in Qc more enjoyable to some
david

Re: 'Stonebleau' bouldering in Quebec City

Postby cory » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:27 am

david wrote:I wouldn't advise to plan a trip just for that, but if you have a day to kill in Qc City or you are on your way west, it is definitely worth checking out.

I agree.
Was there this summer. It had rained overnight, but there was a mix of sun and drizzle throughout the day of climbing. Nothing dried out, because it's fully shaded and on the North slope I think without no direct sun. Probably a bonus on hot days.
cory

Return to General