FRFM Controversy

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

FRFM Controversy

Postby Christian » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:07 pm

Whats everyone's take on this? Do you think its Ok for people to red tag projects?
Christian

Re: FRFM Controversy

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:36 am

It doesn't matter what "everyone thinks. There is a very small portion of the climbing community who bolt and develop new routes and areas. If they don't want to red tag its nobodies place to tell them to. If they want to red tag it is not the place of folks who don't contribute to call them selfish.

There is also a lot more to red tagging that most people don't realize. There are 2 routes at our crag that have been sent but are still tagged because they still need work.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Fred » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:52 am

My take is:

1. If someone has taken the time and money to clean and bolt a route others should have the courtesy to give that individual time to send the route.

2. I don't agree with tagging of trad routes. However, if someone spent a whole day cleaning a route, I would give them a small buffer to attempt the route.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Ken P » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:58 am

Kinda like coming home from work to enjoy those last two cold beers on a hot day :x - only to find your roommate got to them first! :x
Ken P

Return to General