Car Accident

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Car Accident

Postby Fred » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Is anyone aware of possible climbers traveling from Quebec in a black VW Rabbit? I saw some horrific accident photos on someone's Facebook (July 11) and there were tents and gear tossed all around. I hope it wasn't someone from the climbing community.

I hope everyone is ok regardless.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Car Accident

Postby Charley » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:39 pm

I was working nights that weekend, and we had several trucks respond to accidents in and around SJ and between SJ and F'ton, all transporting patients. If you had any idea where I might be able to narrow it down.
-Wo xiang mei er, mei xin, bian shi tou-
Charley

Postby Fred » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm pretty sure their car struck the pier columns for the Deerwood overpass just outside Fredericton on the by-pass 4 lane highway.

I'm told by one of the Kingsclear fire rescue people I know that they were not life threatening injuries. I'm surprised because the car was wrecked so bad the engine war torn away from the car.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Charley » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:09 pm

One of the benefits of modern technology applied to vehicle design and materials. Used to be that cars were built like little tanks (steel, solid metals, with little to no give in their frames). All the energy from an impact was transferred to the occupants, so even seemingly 'minor' accidents yielded some spectacular injuries. Now vehicles are built to give and absorb as much of the energy as possible, so the car looks like it's been put through a wrecker but occupants usually emerge relatively unscathed.

Re: the accident, not too much info floating around anymore, but as far as I've been told they were all released fairly quickly and are home now. Sans car, though.
-Wo xiang mei er, mei xin, bian shi tou-
Charley

Return to General