petzl rock trip -- rrg

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

petzl rock trip -- rrg

Postby Adam » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:52 pm

Adam

Re: petzl rock trip -- rrg

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:34 am

Hey, I got to the Rock Trip this year. I didn't get to watch the video (stuff from the Lode?), but I guess I found the thing overrated on the whole. Worth the trip once, but I don't know if I'd do it again.
granite_grrl

Postby Adam » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:37 am

granite_grrl wrote:Hey, I got to the Rock Trip this year. I didn't get to watch the video (stuff from the Lode?), but I guess I found the thing overrated on the whole. Worth the trip once, but I don't know if I'd do it again.

not sure which walls...

what do you mean overrated? what were you expecting and what did you see while there that turned you off?
Adam

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:30 am

It all depends on you're into, I guess. I went down 'cause it was an oppurtunity to go down there for a week and I was interested in the clinics (not overly well organized, and I didn't get a lot from it) and I was expecting more social events and to get more out of the ones they had. Yes I am comparing it to the New river Renvevous (which is the only other large scale climber event that I've been to), and that's probobly not fair, but it is what it is.

I was never interested in standing around watching other people climb, and so I didn't. Its not my bag baby! but it obviously is for a lot of people (and that's cool, leaves more climbs open for me at the crags :twisted:).

I think I would have enjoyed Rocktoberfest more without the Rock Trip. But for many who enjoy star gazing it was an oppurtunity.
granite_grrl

Return to General