It's ice time!

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

It's ice time!

Postby Matt Peck » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:12 pm

Ice is coming everyone!
Spent a bomber weekend down in Tuckermans Ravine this Rememberance day weekend and managed to pick up a couple of variations of the Open Book at around WI 3. The south facing nature caused a lot of destabilisation through the day but cold temps and early shadow firmed things up enough to climb. Pro was thin to none, so the arcane ice skillset got some of the dust knocked off for sure. Beautiful conditions otherwise, it was certainly nice to camp out in winter again. The Book and it's upper tiers, Left of Left, and Chicken Gully all had enough ice to climb if hit early, and Other parties said the First pitches of Central (mostly snow) and Pillar gullies in Huntingtons Ravine next door were formed but thin. Some brave early season skiiers were picking through the boulders as well.
Cheers all!
Matthew.
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Re: It's ice time!

Postby mathieu » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Its definatly game on in the west side of the country. Went in the Ghost yesterday, nice temperatures but the wind was howling. We got our climb (the Joker) snatched by a few minutes but spent the day in a semi sheltered spot and played on some ice and crusty limestone. Matt did you get the Nomics? Tried them for the first time yesterday on ice and rock. My bank account is definatly going to regret I ever tried those tools.
mathieu

Postby Matt Peck » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Yeah, I have a pair. I took my vipers up into Tuckermans because they work better in an alpine setting, but I think I would have made out ok. They are sweet eh? So far I've just drytooled a bit and climbed some trees, but the swing is pretty nice from what I've seen. The only thing I don't like is the quick wear of the grip tape. But this is a fairly negligable aspect.
Matt Peck

Postby martha » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:51 pm

You guys suck. and yes. I'm jealous.

very.

can't wait to get out this year!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Matt Peck » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:19 am

Here's a photo or two from the weekend.
Check out neice if ya can't get it to work.
Matt Peck

Postby Matt Peck » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:20 am

Matt Peck

Return to General