Granite_Grrl is back in the saddle.

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Granite_Grrl is back in the saddle.

Postby chossmonkey » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:49 pm

One year and one week after her near fatal fall, Rebecca raised her game back up to near where she was previously at. After swearing she would never lead gear on Ontario Slimestone again she gave in and grabbed the rack. Up to that point she had been leading some on gear, but only on non-slimestone and not pushing past 5.7/8. She lead two routes onsight that day. Both of which were 5.9 making it the first time she onsighted two 5.9 gear routes in one day. At the same time making a huge step up for her in the head game.

If she had decided to quit climbing after her fall I wouldn't have questioned her decision. She never once considered it. I am really proud of her.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Re: Granite_Grrl is back in the saddle.

Postby Fred » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:04 pm

good job Rebecca. Cheers to a nice recovery.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby martha » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:24 am

Wow. Knowing where you were at this time last year, I have to say that I'm really proud of you Rebecca!!!!!! Congrats on all your hard work!!!!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:44 am

:oops:

Thank you. I'm really proud of those climbs last weekend. Left my body a wreck for the next day though :lol:.

I've still got a long way to go with regaining my endurance and relearning some technique, but I'm getting there. And it makes me happy.
granite_grrl

Return to General