Support Team Canada!!

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Support Team Canada!!

Postby chossmonkey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:41 pm

In the fringe sport of climbing, ice climbing is near the outer limit. For various reasons many people have hoped that climbing would someday be an Olympic sport. It seems a bit unbelievable that ice climbing would have a chance at legitimizing climbing to the World before any other discipline, but in 2014 ice climbing may just get that chance as a "Demonstration Sport" at the winter games in Sochi, Russia.

The lead up to the Olympics are the World Cup Competitions. Currently there is ZERO funding for Canada's ice climbing team and it is very unlikely to change anywhere in the near future. There is no organized coaching, practice, ect. all training and practice is set up by those who are participating. All expenses are paid out of pocket by the athletes who if they are lucky will have a portion reimbursed through sponsorship, private donations, or hopefully some prize money.

Meet the 2013 Canadian Ice Climbing Team. http://canadianiceclimbing.ca/athletes/

Please consider making a tax deductible donation to support the Canadian Ice Climbing Team as they carry climbing forward this year and in the future. When filling out the form please check "Other" and in the blank write "Nathan and the Ice Climbing Team".

http://www.alpineclubofcanada.ca/support/index.html#donations
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Re: Support Team Canada!!

Postby chossmonkey » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:50 am

After a week in Alberta I'm super excited about the World Cup. I'm climbing really well and getting stronger.

The other night I was looking at flights and received a big reality check. I have already spent over $1,400 in flights just so I can train. Looking to book the series of flights for the first three competitions I will be spending another $5,000-$8,000. None of this includes the expenses once I get to the venues.

Going into this I had budgeted $10,000. I haven't even looked at tickets for the last two comps and I'm already getting close to being over budget.

Please consider supporting me and Team Canada as I attempt to show the rest of the World what Eastern Canadian determination can accomplish!

If anyone is donating through the ACC and using the form please make sure to check the "Other" box and list Nate and the Ice Climbing Team. If donating over the phone please tell them the same. The ACC has a number of programs and unless the donation is properly tagged it will be difficult for the donation to be properly allocated.

THANK YOU to those who have made donations! Every bit helps.

The more psyched people are about this the more motivated I am to dig deeper, train harder and hold on longer!
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Adam » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:03 am

Wow! I had no idea you got 1st place at Ouray this year Nate - Holy crap good work! Good luck at the world cup comps!
Adam

Postby Stacey » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:09 am

chossmonkey wrote:Please consider supporting me and Team Canada as I attempt to show the rest of the World what Eastern Canadian determination can accomplish!

If anyone is donating through the ACC and using the form please make sure to check the "Other" box and list Nate and the Ice Climbing Team. If donating over the phone please tell them the same. The ACC has a number of programs and unless the donation is properly tagged it will be difficult for the donation to be properly allocated.

WOW - I didn't even know we COULD support you financially! I am totally in...can you post the link here - - the easier it is - others may follow suit.. I'll also post it on my FB for you! and encourage others to do the same!! GOOOOO Nathan!! NICE work!
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby chossmonkey » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Thanks guys.

Here is the direct link to the ACC site.

http://www.alpineclubofcanada.ca/suppor ... #donations

Unfortunately you can't exactly do online donations but they can be made by phone, email, fax or mail. Make sure when filling out the form to check "other" and fill in "Nathan and the Ice Climbing Team" otherwise your donation will not go to the support the team
chossmonkey

Return to General