Just starting out

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Just starting out

Postby mothballs » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Hey, just came across this site and thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I'm Mike, I live in Coldbrook NS, and work in the city. I'm looking to get into climbing....but really don't know where to start. I guess I'm looking for the newbie's guide, info on any training schools, local climbing walls, what I should look into for gear etc etc...

thanks!
mothballs

Re: Just starting out

Postby Scooter » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Hey man,

I know there is a valley climbing club. I think they are based out of Wolfville. I am sure you can look them up on fbook. I know there has been some recent sport development down at some local crags just outside of Wolfville as well. There has been rumour of bouldering, too.

If you are just getting into it, I would suggest picking up some shoes and chalk bag... and probably a harness. That way you can get out bouldering and sport/ trad with those with a rope. $200 should get you basic shoes and harness. Check out the Trail Shop in Wolfville and see what they have to offer.

Feel free to email Climb Nova Scotia as well. [climb nova scotia at g mail dot com].
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Oh and don't forget Ground Zero Climbing Gym in Burnside (Dartmouth).
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby mothballs » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Awesome, thanks!
mothballs

Postby celia19O5 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:16 am

Hello guys,
Nice to meet you here. I have got interested in climbing. I see it relaxing very much. I am thinking about joining a climbing club but I am a little busy recently :D Hope I will be more free next time :D
Have a nice day !!!
celia19O5

Return to General