Easter trips

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Easter trips

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:09 am

I'm just curious if anyone else is running off south for Easter. We're heading to Tennessee, but there might still be a chance we'll decide the drive is too long and we'll head to the Red or the New instead.

Just curious if we'll see some other East Coasters when we head out this year.
granite_grrl

Re: Easter trips

Postby *Chris* » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:45 am

A group of 8 are headed to RRG the weekend following easter. If you were there at the time we'd be hard to miss (look for cars with NB plates).
*Chris*

Postby Adam » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:49 am

two of us will be heading there (RRG) easter weekend, the rest coming the following weekend.
Adam

Postby STeveA » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:50 am

We might be going as far as Rumney for Easter, but RRG is just too far for a 4 day weekend.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:27 am

Rumney sounds cold!!

There was a pretty cool picture on NEice of someone climbing ice over Silver Surfer.

I guess the sun is strong enough now that is can really heat up south facing cliffs and make it feel really warm.

The New and the Red aren't that much further for us. I guess that is about the only advantage to where we live.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 am

chossmonkey wrote:The New and the Red aren't that much further for us. I guess that is about the only advantage to where we live.

Actually, the New is closer Rumney is for us....so are a lot of other places. Probobly why I haven't gotten to Rumney yet :? .
granite_grrl

Postby jeremy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:24 pm

sandrine and i will be heading to rumney and north conway as well for easter, ice or rock, we are working with the weather.

jeremy
jeremy

Postby szymiec » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:07 am

we are planning a link up up of 2 wicked north faces in the rockies. Anthabasca NF & Andromeda NF.

Should be a nice sufferfest.
szymiec

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:05 am

Whoa, looks like a change of plans is in the works. I think we're going to be heading to the Red after all! Thursday to Monday, just look for the car with the Ontario license plates :lol: (yes, that's a joke, if you've ever been to the Red over Easter you'd get it).
granite_grrl

Postby chossmonkey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:00 am

I'm so excited to be on the other side of the Canadian invasion this year!!!
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby *Chris* » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:49 am

So GG and ChossM, how was the Red?
*Chris*

Postby chossmonkey » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:33 pm

*Chris* wrote:So GG and ChossM, how was the Red?

Cold and a little wet for the most part. I got to climb in shorts and a t-shirt for a couple hours one afternoon, but most of the time we were bundled up almost as much as going ice climbing. The worst part is that we weren't ice climbing.

Hopefully it will be better weather for you.
chossmonkey

Postby *Chris* » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:53 am

Since people have been posting photos of their recent trips for others to enjoy I thought I would as well. Some of my favourites from a recent trip to Kentucky .

I hope the link works
*Chris*

Postby STeveA » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:06 pm

Looks like a fun area It is definately on our wish list.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Postby Stacey » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:10 pm

WOW Chris....

Those are some amazing looking routes!
HMMM _ why does the dang job get in the way...maybe teachers should work 2 MONTHS a year and climb the other 10 :-)

Stace
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:23 pm

Nice Chirs! I love it down there, you guys hit some awesome walls (well, most walls are pretty awesome down there). Where the hell were you headed when crossing the creek? Funk Rock? Breakfast Burrito was on my list to redpoint when we were down at Easter, but we never got there. The fall when you head out of that alcove to the next bolt scared me, couldn't make my self go around that corner. But it wasn't too bad when I tried it on TR after. Oh well.

I think its amazing how steep photos on some of those gear line make them look. There was one of Rock Wars that made it look almost over hanging! Anyway, some nice photos, makes me wonder if we can still cram a long weekend/week down there before it gets too hot with all the crap I've got going on with work. Le sigh.
granite_grrl

Postby *Chris* » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:28 pm

We were headed towards anything that we could find dry in the Muir Valley area. The only stuff we found was at Rebel Camp Hollow and sadly, it isn't worth talking about (it wasn't worth crossing that stream either). We also had to walk past some of the nicest looking lines ever at Tectonic Wall that day too: all soaked.
*Chris*

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:18 am

No Bridge accross the stream? :shock:

I guess I haven't been over to Sunny Side, but we did hang out on the Bruise Brother's side our last day there. Seeing as there's a foot bridge for every other stream crossing down in Muir I have to assume that either that bridge got washed out, or spring water levels made it much more of a crossing than it usually is.

I've spent time in Muir a couple times before, but this time we spent a lot of time down there. I'm not going to pick up the newest guide book when that one will just be out of date again in 2 years (like the one we currently own :roll:), so next time we head down there we might just print off some info on the newer walls down there. Same with the Pendergrass area.
granite_grrl

Return to General