Rumney Road Trip report

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Rumney Road Trip report

Postby STeveA » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:57 am

Peter, Cory and I spent 4 days in Rumney last week. The weather was hot and there were no bugs out. The campgrounds are still closed for the season but we were able to bivy in the woods. The Main Cliff area is closed due to Falcons (dam birds) but the rest of the cliffs are open.

We arrived on Thursday and there were more people there mid week than you would see at Welsford at the peak of our season. Lets keep Welsford our dirty little secret.

We managed 3 days of hard climbing on dry rock. We spent the last day at Clifton, which was much colder. However the rock was dry and there are no bugs there either.

If you are bored I have pictures on my site at http://mteverest.myip.org/climbing/rock/rumney/april2008/photos-rumney-04-08/index.htm

This was a good start to the climbing season on the East Coast for us. I foresee many more trips to New Hampshire.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Re: Rumney Road Trip report

Postby martha » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:15 am

I'm going to have to stop reading about you guys and your stinkin' climbing. It is really starting to make me cranky. :( :cry:
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Re: Rumney Road Trip report

Postby Stacey » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:14 pm

WOW - Steve, those are amazing! A tad bit of the green monster happening here!

Stace
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Return to General