Borrow? Ice Axes + Crampons

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Borrow? Ice Axes + Crampons

Postby Andrew » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am

Tony and I am planning on going to Waterfall Wall for some Ice climbing this weekend (Saturday). It's a rare occation that I can get Tony to come out to play on rock or ice, so he actually took a weekend off to go.

I tried to rent gear from the UNB/F Club, but they are all rented out from the ice fest and also for this weekend.

I am hoping that someone could lend me:

1 pair of Ice Axes
1 pair of Crampons

*Tony already has crampons and we can share the borrowed axes*

I am prepared to pay a fee and/or a deposit. The gear doesn't have to be stellar, just has to work :) I have everything else I need. We'll just be top roping using my superdry rope.

If you don't know me, I've been climbing in Welsford since 1999 and am based in Saint John/Quispamsis area.

Please let me know.

email: martina@nbnet.nb.ca
phone: 849-0473 / 652-3324 call as late as 10pm if you must, email is best.

Andrew Martin
Andrew

Postby Andrew » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:39 pm

I would also be interested (possibly) in purchasing some used equipment. That is also an option.

Andrew
Andrew

Postby Andrew » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:44 pm

I found some Ice Tools and Crampons to borrow. Thank you!
Andrew

Postby Matt Peck » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:40 pm

Hey andrew, I have a pair of CM pulsars Im thinking of getting rid of if you are interested.
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby Andrew » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:21 pm

Matt,

Hey that's cool.

How much are you looking to get for them and in what condition are the picks on them? Leashes included?

Photos?

Matt Peck wrote:Hey andrew, I have a pair of CM pulsars Im thinking of getting rid of if you are interested.
Andrew

Postby mathieu » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Matt Peck wrote:Hey andrew, I have a pair of CM pulsars Im thinking of getting rid of if you are interested.
How did they treat you? I assume they are the ones I sold you years ago.
mathieu

Postby Matt Peck » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:09 pm

They worked like a charm. Got me up a couple WI 5's, good tools, its no wonder the design has lasted so long. I toyed with the idea of putting a pommel rest on the tip to be able to use them leashless, but They have been working out pretty well as a set of tools for anyone I bring out for the day. Im looking to snag a pair of Nomics over the upcoming year, and the Pulsar's will help finance the purchase. I'll shed a manly tear to lose them though.
Andrew, they've seen a little wear, but are fully functional. One hammer and one adze, with the adze axe having a modular shaft that can be switched out to make it a 70 cm mountaineering axe. I have leashes for both, as well as head weights. I think I still have the mountaineering pick, as well as an extra set of worn picks you can use at the start of the season. The picks on there are ok, but will need to be replaced sometime soon.
I'll think on a price, but it should be pretty reasonable.
I'll see if I can find some pics.
Matt Peck

Postby Matt Peck » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:40 pm

http://mteverest.myip.org/climbing/ice/ ... 07--79.htm
If this link works Andrew, Heidi's got a Pulsar in her hand closest to the photographer.
Matt Peck

Postby mathieu » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:30 am

Matt Peck wrote: Im looking to snag a pair of Nomics over the upcoming year, and the Pulsar's will help finance the purchase. I'll shed a manly tear to lose them though.

Check ebay, they have a pair for 330$

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... mot_widget
mathieu

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:36 pm

I got my Vipers second hand for $200. They are redesigning these tools, so I would imagine that the price for a second hand pair will start to drop.

Hell, Nathan was even considering selling his!
granite_grrl

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:15 pm

mathieu wrote:
Matt Peck wrote: Im looking to snag a pair of Nomics over the upcoming year, and the Pulsar's will help finance the purchase. I'll shed a manly tear to lose them though.

Check ebay, they have a pair for 330$

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... mot_widget

Where is the pair at? The link just takes you to one for just over $300 CND with shipping. They do have 4 but its not exactly a great deal.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:23 pm

granite_grrl wrote:I got my Vipers second hand for $200.
They were still new, with tags too. They were seconds, but the only thing we could find different between our sets were the hole for the leash attachment (which BD had changed and we don't use anyway) and the paint job.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby mathieu » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:16 pm

Yeah for some reason I thought I had read 300$ for a pair, but just after posting this I double checked, (you never know I might need a third pair of tools) and noticed it was for a single tool.
mathieu

Return to Gear