La Sportiva Ventor on Steep and Cheap

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

La Sportiva Ventor on Steep and Cheap

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:38 pm

These shoes were just on Steep and Cheap, and being the shoe whore that I am I was sorely tempted to buy them, but hadn't a clue on which size to get.

So my question to you all: I like the way La Sportiva shoes fit me, but don't know my size so I have problems getting them second hand or cheap off the internet. What sizes would I look for compared to my Anasazi Velcos for a more agressive shoe, or my Saphiers as a more comfortable shoe. Half a size up, 2 sizes down, that sort of thing. My street shoes are 8.5 US mens, and my bike shoes and ice boots are 42.

I ask this because I wouldn't be surprized if we see those shoes back up on Steep and Cheap, there still seems to be a fair number when they took them down.

Also if anyone can somment on this particular shoe, please do. I think its advertised as a trad climbing velcro shoe.
granite_grrl

Postby dcentral » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:29 pm

I thought about picking up a pair of those too. But UPS service has been sucky the last two times I ordered from there.

I was thinking about picking up size 11's I have a 10.5 in the murias and they are pretty tight.

They will mos def be back. They weren't even close to selling out.
dcentral

Postby martha » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:59 pm

My Anasazi velcros are a 37.5 and my la sportiva womens Katana are a 35.5. mind you, my La Sportiva 'L'hoste' ice climbing boots are a 39 (but even though they are a womans last, I believe they are on the mens size scale)

I am not sure what I wear in a mens/unisex katana shoe....but it is really small i'm thinking....
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to Gear