Trail Shop Climbing Presentation

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Trail Shop Climbing Presentation

Postby Chuck Sutton » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

As part of the Trail Shop Tuesday Talk Series, I have been asked to give a presentation on climbing this Tuesday, February 24th beginning at 7:00. Everyone is welcome and admission is free of charge. The presentation will cover a broad history of ice/alpine climbing along with the evolution of equipment/clothing, some "interesting" stories of climbs and adventures I've had over the years, as well as slides of different routes in North America and abroad.

If you're interested in coming, please feel free to attend.

'Look forward to seeing you there.

Chuck Sutton
Chuck Sutton

Re: Trail Shop Climbing Presentation

Postby Chuck Sutton » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:50 am

'Just a reminder regarding the presentation tonight at the Trail Shop. I've changed the format of the talk a bit to cover some of the more "colourful" stories of experiences I've had over the years. 'Hope to see many of you there.

Chuck
Chuck Sutton

Postby chameleon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Ooooh Chuck, will we get to hear the Revelstoke projector story again? :twisted:
chameleon

Postby Chuck Sutton » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:25 pm

Sorry Sean. Every story has its shelf life. I may however, make mention of Lapaix's stellar performance last Tuesday at the Ice Box Regionals. His victory in spite of intense competition, difficult routines, hypothermia, not to mention exploding home brews, makes Lapaix's story one worth telling...
Chuck Sutton

Postby Rich » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Yes, its been an arduous struggle this past season climbing on the Ice Box Circuit.....in addition to the many hardships that competitors have had to endure I've unfortunately have had to put up with many bad jokes....and be the brunt of some good ones. this past competition took a real tole. Through the hardships however, I've learned how to gain that competitive advantage - this past competition for example, I became very disciplined and drank less beer than the others. To any of you up-and-comers out there: Its all about focus and discipline, you can do it!
Rich

Postby chameleon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:30 pm

Not drinking beer is just plain cheating. Almost as bad as drop knees in my book.

And whaddoya mean bad jokes? Everyone knows I'm hilarious.
chameleon

Return to Nova Scotia